So when I was a kid my dad told me that when the continents were all connected that it was called Gondwanaland. I thought that I was pretty cool and smart. Years later in elementary school the teacher asked what the name of the land mass was when all the continents were stuck together. I was so excited and I raised my hand and said, "Gondwanaland!" Much to my dismay the teacher said that was incorrect! All the kids laughed at me and I was really embarrassed. I mean let's face it, it does sort of sound funny! I was like no it's not! Anyway, I was troubled by that experience for some time.
So the other day Julie was doing her homework for one of her classes - Natural Disasters - and she said to me, have you ever heard of Gondwanaland. I was so excited when I heard her say that! So I asked her what it was and told her that I had definitely heard of it! So Gondwanaland is actually the name of the southern supercontinent after Pangea split. For your information the northern supercontinent was called Laurasia.
1 comment:
You guys are suck geeks! But I still want to be friends! Maybe someday you guys can help my kids with thier homework.
Post a Comment