Then I decided to do some dressy, urban family pictures downtown. It was two weeks away and I needed to get all of us a haircut and an outfit.
Then one Sunday morning Rob told me in passing that he rode his bike next to a cool meadow in full bloom with poppies. I decided right then and there that we were going to be spontaneous and take our family pictures that evening in the meadow, old outfits, untrimmed hair and roots, and all.
I wanted to keep it as low key as possible so it was a fun event rather than a stressful one. Well...it wasn't exactly fun but it could've been worse. It would've been a lot easier if the meadow wasn't full of a dozen other photographers and families with the same bright idea.
Regardless of the crowds we still got some really cute shots. I love how my kids' personalities SHINE!
Cara was in a really good mood at first and came up with her poses all herself. She's such a doll!
Madeleine is a pro. Her sweetness sure wins us over.
Nate, on the other hand, had only the desire to make weird faces. Typical.
Next up, me and Rob. We only got one in before the kids bombarded us.
We also got one family shot in before Cara's mood changed for no reason.
Here's a similar picture from our last family portraits.




























No comments:
Post a Comment